What is TFAWS?
The Thermal and Fluids Analysis Workshop (TFAWS) is an annual training and professional development workshop that is designed to encourage knowledge sharing, professional development, and networking throughout the thermal and fluids engineering community within NASA and the aerospace community at large. The vision of TFAWS is to maintain continuity over time and between disciplines throughout the thermal and fluids engineering community.
Latest TFAWS 2023 News
The TFAWS 2023 Proceedings are posted! Please join us in August 2024 for TFAWS 2024, hosted by the NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, OH!
Paper Sessions – Daily Schedules (Updated August 18)
TFAWS 2023 Important Links
Lunch and Banquet Order Link – Now Closed
Participant Registration – Now Closed
Abstract Submission – Now Closed
Vendor Registration – Now Closed
Important Dates for TFAWS 2023
- Final Paper Submission Deadline: Monday August 7, 2023
- Conference: Monday August 21, 2023 – Friday August 25, 2023
- Meal Order Deadline:
Monday August 14, 2023
- Student Poster Submission Deadline:
Monday August 7, 2023
- Registration Period Closes:
Monday August 1, 2023
- Registration Period Opens:
Tuesday May 2, 2023
- Abstract Submission Opens:
Tuesday March 7, 2023
- Abstract Submission Deadline:
Extended to Wednesday May 31, 2023
- Vendor Registration Deadline:
Friday June 30, 2023
TFAWS 2023 Overview
- Hosted by: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC)
- Sponsored by: NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC)
- NESC Sponsoring Technical Discipline Teams (TDTs):
- Thermal Control and Protection
- Environmental Control / Life Support
- Conference Dates: Monday August 21, 2023 – Friday August 25, 2023
- Conference Location: The Hotel at The University of Maryland, 7777 Baltimore Avenue, College Park, MD 20740
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Jim Garvin, NASA GSFC
- Registration Cost: Free
- NCTS Number (for Civil Servants): 48149-23
- Paper Sessions
- Software Demonstrations and Training
- Technical Short Courses
- Student Poster Session *** New This Year ***
- Guest Speakers
Who Should Attend?
- International Guests and Partners
- Thermal and Fluids Analysis Tool Users
- Anyone interested in thermal and fluids analysis
All levels of experience are welcome!!
- Participants have the opportunity to share their work on the latest application of new and established methods to aerospace missions, impart engineering lessons learned, and compare/contrast engineering practices.
- Annual sharing of knowledge, hands-on instruction in relevant state-of-the-art engineering analysis tools, and seminars/short courses taught by the veterans in the thermal and fluids engineering community helps to ensure that the expertise of the community is maintained.
- Networking at TFAWS gives each engineer an extensive network of contacts which serves as an excellent source of advice and technical knowledge.
- TFAWS provides tremendous opportunities for enhancing collaboration between NASA centers, other government agencies, industry, academia, and the international thermal and fluids engineering community.