TFAWS 2020 Update
Thank you everyone for attending Virtual TFAWS 2020!
The recorded presentations, presentation slides, papers, and abstracts are now available on the agenda pages. The vendor’s information can also be found on the “Vendor Participation” page and the short course information can also be found on the “Short Course” page.
The agenda has been posted. You will find each day’s agenda on the web pages labeled by day. You will also find the links to watch the presentations on the agenda pages. Click on the “Live Stream” for the meeting room you would like to join. The password for all meeting rooms is TFAWS2020.
Please read the following document for General Information and Etiquette for TFAWS 2020.
What is TFAWS?
The Thermal and Fluids Analysis Workshop (TFAWS) is an annual training and professional development workshop that is designed to encourage knowledge sharing, professional development, and networking throughout the thermal and fluids engineering community within NASA and the aerospace community at large. The vision of TFAWS is to maintain continuity over time and between disciplines throughout the thermal and fluids engineering community.
Updates on COVID-19 TFAWS Impact
Due to the developing COVID-19 situation, we have decided to hold TFAWS virtually for 2020, rather than in person.
The health and safety of our participants is our number one priority, and we are closely monitoring the situation. Any changes to operating status will be communicated immediately. Our thoughts and concerns are with those affected globally. For the most up-to-date information regarding the virus, please refer to the World Health Organization or U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites.
TFAWS 2020 Highlights
- Hosted by: Marshall Space Flight Center
- Sponsored by: NASA Engineering and Safety Center (NESC)
- NESC Sponsoring Technical Discipline Teams (TDTs):
- Active Thermal / Life Support
- Aerosciences / Aerothermal
- Passive Thermal
- Conference Dates: August 18-20, 2020
- Conference Location: Online in a Virtual Meeting (Meeting information will be sent out to those who register)
- Keynote Speaker: TBA
- Registration Cost: FREE!
- NCTS Number (for Civil Servants): 40186-20
Registration is FREE for all attendees!
Who Should Attend?
- International Guests and Partners
- Thermal and Fluids Analysis Tool Users
- Anyone interested in thermal and fluids analysis
All levels of experience are welcome!!
Historic Workshop Benefits
- Participants have the opportunity to share their work on the latest application of new and established methods to aerospace missions, impart engineering lessons learned, and compare/contrast engineering practices.
- Annual sharing of knowledge, hands-on instruction in relevant state-of-the-art engineering analysis tools, and seminars/short courses taught by the veterans in the thermal and fluids engineering community helps to ensure that the expertise of the community is maintained.
- Networking at TFAWS gives each engineer an extensive network of contacts which serves as an excellent source of advice and technical knowledge.
- TFAWS provides tremendous opportunities for enhancing collaboration between NASA centers, other government agencies, industry, academia, and the international thermal and fluids engineering community.
We will try to provide as many of these benefits as possible this year but will have to make some changes to fit the virtual conference format.
Important Dates for TFAWS 2020
- Abstract Deadline: July 2nd, 2020
- Registration Period Open: May 25th, 2020 until August 18th, 2020